Rug Shops - American Wholesale Carpet.
- (shop) patronize: do one's shopping at; do business with; be a customer or client of
- A building or part of a building where goods or services are sold; a store
- (shop) a mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services; "he bought it at a shop on Cape Cod"
- A place where things are manufactured or repaired; a workshop
- An act of going shopping
- (shop) do one's shopping; "She goes shopping every Friday"
- A small carpet woven in a pattern of colors, typically by hand in a traditional style
- A rug (UK), blanket(Equine and other livestock, US), or coat (canine and other companion animals, US) is a covering or garment made by humans to protect their pets from the elements, as in a horse rug or dog coat.
- Rhug (normally Y Rug in Welsh; sometimes given the antiquarian spelling Rug) is a township in the parish of Corwen, Denbighshire, Wales, formerly in the old cantref of Edeirnion and later a part of Merionethshire, two miles from CorwenRug Chapel and ten miles north east of Bala.
- A thick woolen coverlet or wrap, used esp. when traveling
- A floor covering of shaggy or woven material, typically not extending over the entire floor
- floor covering consisting of a piece of thick heavy fabric (usually with nap or pile)
Rug Hooking in Maine 1838-1940
This fresh and scholarly look at a century of rug
hooking in Maine demonstrates the significant role non-woven rugs have played in American decorative arts. True Waldoboro rugs are explored in detail and the myth of "Acadian" rugs is explained. Edward Sands Frost manufactured preprinted burlap rug patterns in the mid-19th century that spawned competitions across the country. By the 1880s, summer visitors helped organize cottage industries that turned Maine's rug-hooking talents into income producers. The Arts and Crafts movement in America led to new and exciting styles of rug patterns in Maine, and by the early 20th century, artists pushed the craft of rug hooking in to a fine art, with Marguerite Zorach's designs among the prominent examples. This lavishly illustrated book has over 250 color photographs that highlight the extraordinary story of rugs created throughout Maine and eastern Canada, including popular maritime designs by men of the seas.
New Rug, closer shot
Sorry about the glare on the right here, but at least you can see the colors and patterns fairly well. This is the rug from Noah's Ark Rug Shop in Istanbul, where the nice man is taking care of the three black-and-white kitties shown in some of my previous pictures.
Rug Shopping and the 20,000 Mark
Rug shopping in Kusadas?, Turkey.
Canon 40D + Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
On another note: My photostream reached a total of 20,000 views today, and I would like to thank all of you for the nice comments and favs I've gotten thus far. It keeps me motivated!
Similar posts: 8 area rugs tartan rugs for sale curved carpet trim premium carpet pink shag rug round black rug connecticut carpet and upholstery cleaning
- (月) 05:18:44|
- Category: None